In order for your product launch to be successful, people need to be excited about it. Part of your pre-launch strategy should be to build buzz and generate this excitement. Here are 14 ways to do that.
- Get to know your audience and build strong relationships with them. Know what excites them about your product so you can use this to build buzz. Figure out where they spend their time online so you can talk to them there.
- Hold a big event for your launch. It should be something fun that will make your product launch a big splash.
- Hold some small pre-launch events that include free giveaways and a chance to gather customer feedback.
- Talk about the benefits of your product. Emphasize the way it concretely improves the lives of its users. Through your marketing content, paint a vivid picture of what life will be like with the product.
- Ramp up the excitement as you approach the big day. Share more content, interact more with your audience, and keep reminding them that the launch is coming.
- Choose the right launch date. Figure out when the buying season for your market is. If you can, tie it in with something seasonal or something that’s currently being talked about.
- Use scarcity tactics. Limit the number of products or create an early bird special that includes added features or other goodies and limit the number of these available. This gives people a sense of urgency about buying the product, since there’s a chance they could miss out.
- Offer pre-orders. Add a discount, freebie, or incentive to pre-orders and announce how many pre-orders you’re getting as the launch day approaches to show that people are excited about buying early. Combine pre-orders with scarcity tactics for the best results.
- Create a sense of mystery. Slowly and gradually reveal information about your product. Produce teaser content. Offer hints about what’s to come. A sense of mystery makes your launch like a great book where the reader can’t wait to turn the next page.
- Enlist influencers early on in the pre-launch phase and get them talking about your product. It’ll seem to your audience like everybody everywhere is talking about it.
- Offer a behind-the-scenes look. A great way to do this is to make a behind-the-scenes video that shows the inside of your company, product, or industry.
- Create branded hashtags and encourage people to use them for conversations related to your product.
- Hold contests related to your product that your audience can join. Social media platforms have built-in tools that make holding contests easy.
- Use a countdown timer as you get closer to the event. Keep reminding people how many days are left until launch.
There’s no such thing as too much buzz when it comes to a product launch, so put your efforts towards building this excitement. Keep track of your activities and track metrics so you can see what works and what doesn’t and do it even better next time.
Do you want to learn more about successfully launching your product? Check out my course, COURSE NAME, which teaches you the A to Z of product launches and helps you achieve your business goals. [INSERT LINK]